[rec.music.synth] Mac MIDI Software

ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) (03/13/89)

Hi - I want to buy some music software, MIDI compatible, for the Mac, by mail
order, using my credit card. Now, I live in Wales, and as software is much
cheaper in the US, I'd be grateful if anyone out there could reccomend to me
a mail order outfit dealing in usch software, which is cheap and reliable.
Please let me have their address, as a phone number is not much help from
here :-)
Thanks. ralph
--
Dr Ralph Martin
Department of Computing Mathematics

kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) (03/17/89)

In article <644@cf-cm.UUCP> ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) writes:
<Hi - I want to buy some music software, MIDI compatible, for the Mac, by mail
<order, using my credit card. Now, I live in Wales, and as software is much
<cheaper in the US, I'd be grateful if anyone out there could reccomend to me
<a mail order outfit dealing in usch software, which is cheap and reliable.
<Please let me have their address, as a phone number is not much help from
<here :-)

MacWAREHOUSE has a regular catalog that they would likely send you.

PO Box 1579
1690 Oak Street
Lakewood, NJ 08701-1579

The other major is MacConnection. I don't know if they publish a separate
catalog, so you might have to locate a Mac magazine (MacUser or MacWorld)
to get their listing and prices.

MacConnection
14 Mill Street
Marlow NH 03456

dce@stan.UUCP (David Elliott) (03/18/89)

In article <87688@felix.UUCP> kehr@felix.UUCP (Shirley Kehr) writes:
>In article <644@cf-cm.UUCP> ralph@computing-maths.cardiff.ac.uk (Ralph Martin) writes:
><Hi - I want to buy some music software, MIDI compatible, for the Mac, by mail
><order, using my credit card. Now, I live in Wales, and as software is much
>
>MacWAREHOUSE has a regular catalog that they would likely send you.

While I'm a satisfied MacWAREHOUSE customer, and would recommend buying
from them if they have what you want, they are not a great place for
a MIDI user to start.  They just don't have the expertise, and they
also don't have a very full product line.

I recommend getting a copy of Electronic Musician or Keyboard magazine
and looking there for mail order companies.  I have dealt with Musicians
Co-op and Computers and Music, and have heard good things about Thoroughbred
and Sam Ash.

--
David Elliott		...!pyramid!boulder!stan!dce
"Splish splash, I was rakin' in the cash"  -- Eno

jlc@atux01.UUCP (J. Collymore) (03/21/89)

I would recommend ComputerWare in Palo Alto, California
Their address is 490 California Ave., Palo Alto, California 94306

THeir phone number is: 800-323-1133 (for California residents)
		       800-235-1155 (for non-California residents)
Hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST, Monday - Friday

For INTERNATIONAL orders, call:  415-496-1003, or send a FAX to 415-855-9440,
or TELEX to 910-240-8377,  Applelink address is X0996
Hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. PST, Monday - Friday.

I have bought MIDI stuff from them before at fair discount prices.  They are
very friendly and cooperative.  However, they are not as fast as some other
places.

						Jim Collymore