[rec.music.synth] Need help with MIDI interface

iggy@mtunb.ATT.COM (Igor Sinyak) (08/12/89)

I am looking around for a MIDI interface for my Mac SE.

Altech seems to have the most inexpensive one for the options
(1 in, 3 out, internal power supply, MIDI cables) for 79.95.

Anyone have any problems with it, or are you happy with it?
Can anyone suggest a better package than this?

Thanks a lot.

Please mail to iggy@mtunb.att.com

Iggy Sinyak
Drexel U.
Philadelphia, PA

sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) (08/12/89)

In article <1608@mtunb.ATT.COM> iggy@mtunb.ATT.COM (Igor Sinyak) writes:
>I am looking around for a MIDI interface for my Mac SE.
>
>Altech seems to have the most inexpensive one for the options
>(1 in, 3 out, internal power supply, MIDI cables) for 79.95.

The Altech interface is a great no-frills piece of equipment.  It is kinda
unwieldy, though (most interfaces have a square footprint, and this thing
looks kinda like a big sausage with cables coming out of it).  If you don't
mind adding a little ugliness to your Mac/MIDI setup, buy it.

  David Martosko                         E-mail:sage@eleazar.dartmouth.EDU
  Dartmouth College HB 2216               Phone:(603) 640-4663
  Hanover, NH 03755