[rec.music.synth] MAC MIDI tools.

fjo@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (frank.j.owen) (08/12/89)

  After posting the previous article proclaiming that the MIDI tools
are availible via APDA, I have received mail saying that you cannot
in fact get them from APDA. They are claiming that it's still in
development and that they don't yet have the masters.

  I really got the impression from the Apple guy I talked with that
they were availible, so maybe APDA just haven't geared up. In any event,
I think that if they're not availible right now, they will be very
shortly.

  I hope I haven't inconvenienced too many people.

--
Frank Owen (fjo@ttrdf)  312-982-2182
AT&T Bell Laboratories

dudek@ai.toronto.edu (Gregory Dudek) (08/15/89)

  In lieu of actually getting the MIDI tools, I wonder if somebody
with the information might want to give us some idea
to what the details of using the package are like, for a programmers
point of view.  In particular, what kind of calls do you
make to do the MIDI I/O?  Is it easy to convert an existing MIDI
application that uses a raw SCC interface to the new package?

  Thanks, Greg Dudek
--
Dept. of Computer Science (vision group)    University of Toronto
Nice mailers:  dudek@ai.utoronto.ca

fjo@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (frank.j.owen) (08/16/89)

From article <2384@cbnewsc.ATT.COM>, by fjo@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (frank.j.owen):

>   After posting the previous article proclaiming that the MIDI tools
> are availible via APDA, I have received mail saying that you cannot
> in fact get them from APDA.

  Well, I just called APDA and they said "it IS availible and
IS SHIPPING"!!
  So, you can get it.

  Now, are there any APDA members out there who'd be willing
to buy a copy for/with me?

--

mnkonar@gorby.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (08/17/89)

In article <2439@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> fjo@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (frank.j.owen) writes:
>  Well, I just called APDA and they said "it IS availible and
>IS SHIPPING"!!
>  So, you can get it.

I can confirm this fact.  I just placed my order.  Cost is $30.

I just hope it gets here before Christmas.

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)