[rec.music.synth] Fair price on a RX-7?

ed@iitmax.IIT.EDU (Ed Federmeyer) (08/18/89)

I have been quoted a price of $449.00 for a (new) Yamaha RX-7 drum machine at
my local music store...  I think the original price was something like $1000...

Offhand, this looks like a steal, but since Yamaha is not making them anymore
I still wonder if this is a fair price.  What do _YOU_ think?

I'm (probably) going to get it within the next few days, so quick replys would
be appreciated!

--
//==========================================================================\\
|| Ed Federmeyer                      ||   UUCP:    ed@iitMax.iit.edu       ||

chang@cme.nbs.gov (Forrest Chang) (08/19/89)

In article <2597@iitmax.IIT.EDU> ed@iitmax.IIT.EDU (Ed Federmeyer) writes:
>I have been quoted a price of $449.00 for a (new) Yamaha RX-7 drum machine at
>my local music store...  I think the original price was something like $1000...
>
>Offhand, this looks like a steal, but since Yamaha is not making them anymore
>I still wonder if this is a fair price.  What do _YOU_ think?
>
>I'm (probably) going to get it within the next few days, so quick replys would
>be appreciated!

	Before you do that, take a look at the roland r-5 and r-8
human rhythm composers.

	I'd say that these are better, and upgradeable.  Just take a
listen to the deom program on each of them.  The r-5 is closer in
price to what the rx-7 would cost ~$500 if I recall correctly.

	I know that the r-8 kicks the butt off of the Yamaha RX-5, and
is cheaper.

	FO