[rec.music.synth] Need help with Altech's MidiBASIC

sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) (11/10/89)

Hi there...

I am just starting to use Altech's MidiBASIC toolbox with the
Microsoft QuickBASIC environment.  I know my way around BASIC,
but I could use some help from anyone out there who has used
this particular product with QuickBASIC.

I'm basically soliciting code of any kind--if you have written
anything in MidiBASIC, I'd appreciate a copy of code...whatever
you can spare.  Also, if there are any caveats I should be aware
of, I'd appreciate the pointers.

  David Martosko                         E-mail:sage@eleazar.dartmouth.EDU
  Dartmouth College HB 2216               Phone:(603) 643-4347
  Hanover, NH 03755

peters@sahiways.gov.au (11/14/89)

In article <16637@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, sage@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (David Martosko '91) writes:
> Hi there...
>
> I am just starting to use Altech's MidiBASIC toolbox with the
> Microsoft QuickBASIC environment.  I know my way around BASIC,
> but I could use some help from anyone out there who has used
> this particular product with QuickBASIC.
>
> I'm basically soliciting code of any kind--if you have written
> anything in MidiBASIC, I'd appreciate a copy of code...whatever
> you can spare.  Also, if there are any caveats I should be aware
> of, I'd appreciate the pointers.

Ideally, you should be working with Pascal, as I have found the MIDIBASIC
toolbox to be a tad on the unreliable side; the Pascal product is much better.

If you're into code, I strongly suggest you go get some back issues of Keyboard
(the GPI mag) and look for any of Steve deFuria's articles - he quite often has
/ had programme segments (usually in Pascal) which can do all sortsa things.

Give it a look-see.

Geoff Peters
(being at the end of a node and working on a DrOSs machine, I have _no_
tailer!  Oh well ...)

And now for the usual bit ...

"Disclaimer?  I want dat claimer!!"
"So?  I want my DAT!"