[rec.music.synth] Peavey DPM-3

charlie@oakhill.UUCP (Charlie Thompson) (01/04/90)

I saw the Peavey DPM-3 advertised in the MIDI Connection.  Is it
now available??  Does Sam Ash/Manny's/Thoroughbred carry this
beast in stock now??

The keyboard is rumored to have three DSP56001's in it.

Any info appreciated.

-C.T.

schabtac@porter.uucp (Adam Schabtach) (01/05/90)

In article <2781@radio.oakhill.UUCP> charlie@oakhill.UUCP (Charlie Thompson) writes:
>I saw the Peavey DPM-3 advertised in the MIDI Connection.  Is it
>now available??  Does Sam Ash/Manny's/Thoroughbred carry this
>beast in stock now??
>
>The keyboard is rumored to have three DSP56001's in it.
>
>Any info appreciated.
>
>-C.T.

I saw a DPM-3 in a music store in Eugene, Oregon about a week ago.  I messed
with it a little bit, but I didn't really find out much about its internals.
It sounded pretty much like any other digital synth out these days; maybe
more like a D-50 than anything else.

But anyway, yes, they seem to exist.

--Adam                    *  *  *  KILL YOUR TELEVISION  *  *  *
schabtac@stout.ucar.edu