[rec.music.synth] Problems, problems HELP!

kaskikari@cc.helsinki.fi (08/30/90)

Hello there,

I am asking this once again, as I am still confused with all this stuff.
My friend is a professional musician, who would like to have a computer
to make notes with. She has a keyboard now and nothing else. What would
you recommend for her as she would like to do some writing with the
computer, too. It should be cheap and easy to use, but i also should
have good results.

				Thanks in advance,
						Kirsti Kaskikari

carson@darwin.ntu.edu.au (09/05/90)

In article <3028.26dd31ad@cc.helsinki.fi>, kaskikari@cc.helsinki.fi writes:
> Hello there,
>
> I am asking this once again, as I am still confused with all this stuff.
> My friend is a professional musician, who would like to have a computer
> to make notes with. She has a keyboard now and nothing else. What would
> you recommend for her as she would like to do some writing with the
> computer, too. It should be cheap and easy to use, but i also should
> have good results.
>
> 				Thanks in advance,
> 						Kirsti Kaskikari

Hello Kirsti,

Have you seen what the AMIGA computer can do in the way of writing music using
the Deluxe Music Construction Set program, I have this running on an AMIGA 500
with 1 meg of memory, with a $50 Australian MIDI interface I can input music
straight from our Digital Piano into a score then edit it and play it back till
it is perfect.  There are better programs like Doctor T's TigerCub that will
sequence in real time and then allow editing of the score but I haven't tried
them, also MAC's and Ataris have good MIDI programs.
I hope this has helped a bit.

See you for now.  Let usknow what your friend ends up getting.

John
   ******         JOHN CARSON  NORTHERN TERRITORY UNIVERSITY
  *    *	               INSTITUTE OF TAFE
 * 	*		       DARWIN AUSTRALIA
 *       *                     METAL FAB DEPT.
*           *                  PH: AUST. (089) 466207
*           *                  CARSON@darwin.ntu.edu.au