[rec.music.synth] Anyone use Cakewalk? SPOILER!

mrk@gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM (Michael R. Kesti) (11/03/90)

In article <37MQ02=A03d.01@JUTS.ccc.amdahl.com> kls30@DUTS.ccc.amdahl.com (PUT YOUR NAME HERE) writes:
>I did this; what I did was CTL-ALT-D and sure enough that window comes up.
[...]
>By the way does anyone know the password?  I think I'll disassemble the code
>and see if I ca figure it out.

No disassembly required.  I just ran cakewalk.exe thru my DOS version of
strings and more, and watched for the string "Password".  The next string
is "santori" and sure enough works.  The current view scrolls up and the
following is printf'd:

Memory Control Block Map:
Handle   0:27235/6a6ch,  257 pars/   4112 bytes, 1 lock

along with about 30 more such handles.  Then there's a "Press any key" prompt
and the view is restored.  Ho, hum.  ;-)

Michael Kesti  Grass Valley Group, Inc. | "Like one and one don't make two,
    mrk@gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM              |  one and one make one."
    !tektronix!gvgpsa!gvgspd!mrk        |         - The Who, Bargain

mrk@gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM (Michael R. Kesti) (11/04/90)

In article <1286@gvgspd.GVG.TEK.COM> I wrote:
<No disassembly required.  I just ran cakewalk.exe thru my DOS version of
<strings and more, and watched for the string "Password".  The next string
<is "santori" and sure enough works.
       ^

Oops, make that "satori", as correctly listed in another article by Larry
Hastings.