[rec.music.synth] Music Printer Plus vs. Laser Music Processor

ttl@aura.cs.wisc.edu (Tony Laundrie) (11/19/90)

Does anybody have experience with Laser Music Processor?  It looks like
it does everything that Music Printer Plus does for a lot less money:

	Music Printer Plus	Laser Music Processor
	(Temporal Acuities)	(Teach Services)
	------------------	---------------------
	$400			$80
	Mouse-Driven Musical
	   Notation and		ditto
	   Sequencing
	Copy Protected!!	(?)
	No Standard Midi	Standard Midi
	   Files (I guess
	   version 4 does)

Does anybody know if Laser Music Processor is copy protected?  That is
the main reason why I can not trust MPP for a performance situation--
no ability to switch to a backup computer.  Thanks.

				ttl@cs.wisc.edu   ...uwvax!ttl

kelpie@nwnexus.WA.COM (Anthony C. Garland) (11/21/90)

ttl@aura.cs.wisc.edu (Tony Laundrie) writes:

>Does anybody have experience with Laser Music Processor?  It looks like
>it does everything that Music Printer Plus does for a lot less money:

	For what it's worth, I received a demo of Laser Music Processor
	(LMP) from the vendor.  It looked really neat... until I tried
	to open a music file at which point my hard drive light came on
	solidly and my machine locked up.  This is not to criticize the
	product, but to point out that if you have a SCSCI drive (as I do),
	you may want to check into compatibility.

	My SCSI drive and host adapter have worked fine with *every* other
	application I've tried under DOS and Windows 3.0 (although I'm
	by no means a "power PC user" - if there is such a thing ;-)).