[rec.music.synth] Hard disk digital recording

qoffice@nixeid.UUCP (Qofiice Software) (04/12/91)

Hi netters,

a while a go I saw an article about a pc/windows based system that allowed up to
16 tracks. I posted for more info but received nothing back.  I think that the company  involved was Spectral synthesis or something like tat.  Does any one out there ave any info on these systems.  All information appreciated.

				Thanks  David Ryan.

bonobo@ingres.com (David Borgman) (04/16/91)

In article <73@nixeid.UUCP> qoffice@nixeid.UUCP (Qofiice Software) writes:

>Hi netters,
>
>a while a go I saw an article about a pc/windows based system that allowed up to
>16 tracks. I posted for more info but received nothing back.  I think that the company  involved was Spectral synthesis or something like tat.  Does any one out there ave any info on these systems.  All information appreciated.

The company is called "Spectral Synthesis", and they are located in Woodinville, WA.
The phone number is 206-487-2931 in the USA, FAX: 206-487-3431.  Anyway, they do have
a nice system, but to get about 8-tracks would cost you about $25,000 US...plenty of
dough (say, 2.5 times as much as a comparable analog system).  If you already have
a 386 computer, it would be less.

I saw a demo at the winter '91 NAMM show.  It has built-in FX algorithms, a nice
user interface as well as some other cute tricks.

Give 'em a call!

-David