[rec.arts.books] bookshops ?

wjh@wayback.UUCP (Bill Hery) (12/18/86)

> McGraw Hill Bookstore (6th near 46th) is my second choice after the
> big B&N.

Another interesting place for advanced computer, math, physics, and
engineering books is Books Scientific, near Barnes and Nobles 18th st.
store at 18 E. 16th Street (just east of fifth Avenue).

They have a good selection of textbooks (undergrad and grad) and monographs;
I've found things there that B&N didn't stock.  They don't take credit cards,
but they did take a personal check from a NJ bank.  All this information is
as of about a year ago.

Bill Hery
ihnp4!bonnie!wjh

phaedrus@eneevax.UUCP (Praveen Kumar) (12/19/86)

>From: wjh@wayback.UUCP (Bill Hery)
>Another interesting place for advanced computer, math, physics, and
>engineering books is Books Scientific, near Barnes and Nobles 18th st.

I have been buying my textbooks and all my technical books from them
for over 3 years now.  They are a fantastic store.  They have almost
everything.  They also give you a ten percent discount and they also
only charge $1.50 for shipping (they ship UPS, BTW).

Their address and phone number:

Books Scientific
18th E. 16th Street, 2nd Floor
New York NY 10003
800-621-1220

Usual disclaimer...I have no connections to Books Scientific except as
a satisfied customer.
--

ARPA:	phaedrus@eneevax.umd.edu
UUCP:	{seismo,allegra}!umcp-cs!eneevax!phaedrus