[rec.arts.sf-lovers] alt.anime -- I recommend against.

gnu@hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) (09/21/87)

hirai@swatsun (Eiji "A.G." Hirai) wrote:
> ...the now defunct mail.anime.
> 	I think the readership would not be able to exceed 100 or
> so needed to create rec.anime but alt will allow us to to do this.

If the topic can't even support a mailing list, I recommend that it
be banished to personal conversation, not moved into the alt network
because "alt will allow us to do this".

Perhaps if the mailing list has truly failed, Eiji might offer to
take over its maintenance.  A mailing list with fewer than a hundred
members is much less load on the network than any newsgroup, even an
alt group.  Alt.test goes to an estimated 2500 sites according to the
August Arbitron results -- 25x the load.
--
{dasys1,ncoast,well,sun,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu	     gnu@postgres.berkeley.edu