[rec.arts.sf-lovers] Hold it, everybody, I have to go potty

weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (01/05/88)

In article <8705040724.AA00637@garnet.berkeley.edu>, weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>Excuse me, folks, but I have to go to the bathroom.  Would you mind waiting
>for me to get back before attempting to discuss anything?

OK, I'm back.  We can start discussing things again.

>                                                           Except for the
>good Captain Carnage, of course, who doesn't know when to shut up.

History bears me out once again.  I'm just sick and tired of the epidemic of
pleas for "offensitivity" from crybaby hypocrites.  He really has gotten
pompous and overbearing of late, to the point where he is treading on the
turf of his betters a bit too proudly.  He really needs to be put in his place
by someone who knows how, if only the crybabies would shut up long enough to
let us do so.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720
"Just because the fellow with the 2-inch dick cross-posted all over the place
  doesn't mean the rest of you have to follow him for the rest of your life."

weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (01/06/88)

In article <8801042134.AA07965@garnet.berkeley.edu>, weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>In article <8705040724.AA00637@garnet.berkeley.edu>, weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
>>Excuse me, folks, but I have to go to the bathroom.  Would you mind waiting
>>for me to get back before attempting to discuss anything?
>
>OK, I'm back.  We can start discussing things again.

In case there was any doubt in your little minds, neither of these articles
was really written by my hand.  Some moronic jerk who thinks forgery is
something humorous obviously sent these out in an effort to deflame me.
He has no idea how difficult such a task would be.

As far as finding and identifying (and subsequently punishing) the person or
persons responsible for this, I have narrowed things down considerably.  I
know, for instance, that the article came from somewhere on the net, somewhere
known for its penchant for pseudonymous hoaxes and flagrant forgeries.  Here's
to hoping that the culprit sleeps a little less easy from now on, knowing that
I am at work here.

And by the way, folks, the series of Uncle Marvin postings which were also
intended to make me look like a blithering idiot were also not mine.  It takes
a lot more to make me look like a blithering idiot than just a few impish
pranks.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720

hunt@cg-atla.UUCP (Walter Hunt X7031) (01/07/88)

In article <8801042134.AA07965@garnet.berkeley.edu> weemba@garnet.berkeley.edu (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) writes:
> [some drivel that refers to some earlier drivel]

Well, the holidays are over, and our bad uucp connection to ulowell
has been fixed.  I certainly could've missed whatever it is that
Matt Wiener is babbling about here (about 2K bytes of insulting
commentary at Tim Maroney, a.k.a. "Captain Carnage" in the Brahms
Gang lexicon).

But in case I didn't, what the hell *are* you babbling about,
Matthew?  Bestow your gracious wisdom upon we meek and lurking
readers!

Walter Hunt

Scouting the Minor Leagues for Montana Pioneers of the Future

weemba@GARNET.BERKELEY.EDU (Obnoxious Math Grad Student) (01/07/88)

I thought I'd wait until someone asked...  Read on only if you care.  It's
pretty boring, actually.

In article <1241@cg-atla.UUCP>, hunt@cg-atla (Walter Hunt X7031) writes:

>> [some drivel that refers to some earlier drivel]
>
>Well, the holidays are over, and our bad uucp connection to ulowell
>has been fixed.  I certainly could've missed whatever it is that
>Matt Wiener is babbling about here (about 2K bytes of insulting
>commentary at Tim Maroney, a.k.a. "Captain Carnage" in the Brahms
>Gang lexicon).

It was all insults about Tim Maroney?  Well, sure...  Actually, Gene and I
ARE preparing some real insults.  Later.

>But in case I didn't, what the hell *are* you babbling about,
>Matthew?

Absolutely nothing.

>	   Bestow your gracious wisdom upon we meek and lurking
>readers!

My gracious wisdom is that the article in question is a forgery.  I thought
it pretty funny, myself.  Nevertheless, that's never been a reason I use to
cross-post.  The idea, I think, was that I'm supposed to look like a hypo-
crite, and that I would flame away or something.

My first guess is that the fellow with the 2-inch dick was insulted by me
and had to post again, but I wouldn't know.  My second guess is it's some-
one whose name means "potty", but again, I wouldn't know.

Your bad uucp connection probably accounts for you not knowing who this
"fellow" is.  Actually nobody knows, since his approach before was to break
into a system and post extremely offensive material about someone he didn't
like in four newsgroups.

Like I said, it's pretty boring stuff...  Bye.

ucbvax!garnet!weemba	Matthew P Wiener/Brahms Gang/Berkeley CA 94720