[rec.arts.sf-lovers] Becoming CAI literate

tmy6405@acf3.NYU.EDU (Ted M. Young) (02/26/88)

In article <4667@ecsvax.UUCP> hes@ecsvax.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) writes:

>"The Feeling of Power" is an old SF story (50's or earlier?) about a man
>who re-discovered how to do arithmetic in a society which had become
>completely dependent on its machines.  (Does anyone else remember this one-
>and remember the author?)
>--henry schaffer  n c state univ

From what I recall (me and my 1K of brain-RAM :-), that story was written
by Isaac Asimov.  I think the story had to do with the guy being able to
calculate trajectories of missiles, etc., then again, I might be mixing this
up with a similar story, so if anyone is *positive* I'd appreciate
confirmation, or otherwise.

--
Ted M. Young                      \  tmy6405@acf3.nyu.edu
3801 Hudson Manor Terrace (#4h)   /  tmy6405@NYU-ACF3.ARPA (I think)