[rec.arts.sf-lovers] Next Gibson novel release imminent?

pickle@inuxc.UUCP (Greg Pickle) (02/29/88)

I have been told twice in the last two weeks by book store
personnel that William Gibson's next novel is due out in March.
One clerk told me that the title was "Mona Lisa Overdrive",
which agrees with a cyberpunk article that appeared in Spin
magazine a year or two ago.

This news has caused me great excitement and palpitation.  I
have been watching Locus & SF Chronicle for mention of news like
this.  I only recall seeing statements about his screenplay work.

Anyway, can anyone confirm or deny?  Does it continue "Neuromancer"
and "Count Zero"?  Most importantly, does the Finn still live?

Greg Pickle
..!ihnp4!inuxc!pickle
..!iuvax!inuxc!pickle

webber@athos.rutgers.edu (Bob Webber) (03/06/88)

In article <1360@inuxc.UUCP>, pickle@inuxc.UUCP (Greg Pickle) writes:

> I have been told twice in the last two weeks by book store
> personnel that William Gibson's next novel is due out in March.
> One clerk told me that the title was "Mona Lisa Overdrive",
> which agrees with a cyberpunk article that appeared in Spin
> magazine a year or two ago.
>
> This news has caused me great excitement and palpitation.  I
> have been watching Locus & SF Chronicle for mention of news like
> this.  I only recall seeing statements about his screenplay work.

Well, when you get your March 88 issue of Locus, you will see in the
People&Publishing column:
        WILLIAM GIBSON has turned in Mona Lisa Overdrive to Bantam.
        The British edition from Gollancz, scheduled for April, will
        precede the U.S. edition, scheduled for November.

My understanding is that the Concordes are already booked solid for the
month of April and that the Louvre is going to send the Mona Lisa on
tour as part of the promo -- oops, wrong reality.

--- BOB (webber@athos.rutgers.edu ; rutgers!athos.rutgers.edu!webber)