[comp.sources.bugs] Help with WARP!

vizard@dartvax.UUCP (Todd Krein) (06/18/87)

[munch]

	When I go to compile 'intrp.c', I get an error from the
assembler, '_hostname redefined'. Any Clue? I'm on BSD.

	Todd Krein
	vizard@dartvax

bader+@andrew.cmu.edu (Miles Bader) (06/20/87)

Since the variable "hostname" is already defined in intrp.h, I got
around this by commending out the definitions of it at the beginning
of intrp.c.

				-Miles

whorfin@pixar.UUCP (06/22/87)

In article <6499@dartvax.UUCP> vizard@dartvax.UUCP (Todd Krein) writes:
>	When I go to compile 'intrp.c', I get an error from the
>assembler, '_hostname redefined'. Any Clue? I'm on BSD.
>
>	Todd Krein
>	vizard@dartvax
	I had the same problem (on Sun3, BSD).  The assembler barfed with a
redefine problem (hostname is defined in intrp.c _and_ intrp.h).  To fix it,
edit intrp.c.  Either remove or comment out the declarations of hostname
(lines 25 and 36).  That should fix it.

	Rick Sayre	{sun|ucbvax}!pixar!whorfin

carlson@megatest.UUCP (Bud Carlson) (06/22/87)

in article <6499@dartvax.UUCP>, vizard@dartvax.UUCP (Todd Krein) says:

> [munch]
>
> 	When I go to compile 'intrp.c', I get an error from the
> assembler, '_hostname redefined'. Any Clue? I'm on BSD.
>
> 	Todd Krein
> 	vizard@dartvax

I commented out the char *hostname line 25 of intrp.c & voila.

------------------------
Bud Carlson bud@megatest
------------------------
--

		..........Bud

root@cit5.UUCP (06/23/87)

In article <6499@dartvax.UUCP> vizard@dartvax.UUCP (Todd Krein) writes:

>	When I go to compile 'intrp.c', I get an error from the
>assembler, '_hostname redefined'. Any Clue? I'm on BSD.

There were a couple of patch files available in comp.sources (i think) which
fixed all problems that we had (included a patch to intrp.c).

			Steve.

warren@sniff.dec.com (warren sypteras) (06/26/87)

I get a similar problem with intrpt.c.  I fixed the hostname problem but
I also get a MYDOMAIN undefined.  Any hints?

Warren