[comp.sources.bugs] Warp HELP!!!!

jroberts@mipos3.UUCP (06/28/87)

I have been trying to run the Configure file in Eunice but I keep getting
the following error:

%RSX-F-NOTSKIMG, file is not a valid RSX-11 task image
Configure: 7932

This error accurs when Configure tries to execute the '$eunicefix loc'
statement. I hope somebody out there can help me with this. Thanks in
advance

           The usual disclaimer goes here.

Remember, no matter where you go ...
          there you are.

					      Joe Roberts
					Intel/Santa Clara, (408) 496-4631
           {hplabs,decwrl,oliveb,amdcad}!intelca!mipos3!jroberts

jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM (Joe Buck) (06/29/87)

In article <804@mipos3.UUCP> jroberts@mipos3.UUCP (Joe Roberts) writes:

>I have been trying to run the Configure file in Eunice but I keep getting
>the following error:
>
>%RSX-F-NOTSKIMG, file is not a valid RSX-11 task image

Larry Wall is apparently under the impression that his Configure
scripts work on Eunice.  They most definitely do not; perhaps they
did under a much earlier version, but I doubt it (Sorry Larry; on
real Unix systems they work better than anything I've seen; if you
send me metaconfig I'd be delighted to fix it to generate scripts
that come closer to working on Eunice).

The $eunicefix variable is supposed to contain a command to change
shell scripts to the right file type on Eunice (they must be in VMS
text file format), and to do nothing on Eunice systems.  It is used
before it is defined, unfortunately.  One solution is to say "sh script"
instead of "script"; this works regardless of file type.

Also, executable images may have an .exe extension, or they may not,
so in locating commands, path/foo.exe must be searched for in
addition to path/foo.  So the loc script has to be changed as well
for Eunice, so it will find (say) /bin/mv.exe and report it as
/bin/mv.  There are a couple of other minor nits as well.
--
- Joe Buck    jbuck@epimass.EPI.COM
	      {seismo,ucbvax,sun,decwrl,<smart-site>}!epimass.epi.com!jbuck