[comp.sources.bugs] yacc complains even though everything's OK

gnu@hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) (07/26/87)

in article <1740@encore.UUCP>, pierson@encore.UUCP (Dan Pierson) says:

mpl@sfsup.UUCP (M.P.Lindner) wrote:
> The complaints of yacc are normal and OK...

I added -s and -r switches to Bison (the GNU yacc-compatible parser generator)
which allow the user to specify how many shift/reduce conflicts and
how many reduce/reduce conflicts are expected.  No message is produced
if the numbers specified are correct.

I got tired of seeing every Makefile that used yacc say:

	@echo "expect 17 shift/reduce conflicts"
	yacc ....

I've sent in the changes so they will probably appear in a future
Bison release.
--
{dasys1,ncoast,well,sun,ihnp4}!hoptoad!gnu	     gnu@postgres.berkeley.edu
Alt.all: the alternative radio of the Usenet.