[comp.sources.bugs] nethack problem

chowg@ecf.UUCP (08/09/87)

I'm trying to get nethack to work on our HP 9000 under System V.
However when the loading is attempted after the make we get an
error message saying that a routine called 'ospeed' which is
supposed to be in the termcap library is not defined. Can
anyone give a solution to this problem? Can ospeed be substituted
by another routine or can the code be altered to remove references
to ospeed? Any help would be appreciated.

Gordon Chow
chowg.ecf.toronto.edu

jin@hplabsz.HPL.HP.COM (Tai Jin) (08/10/87)

In article <221@mv07.ecf.toronto.edu> chowg@ecf.UUCP writes:
>I'm trying to get nethack to work on our HP 9000 under System V.
>However when the loading is attempted after the make we get an
>error message saying that a routine called 'ospeed' which is
>supposed to be in the termcap library is not defined. Can
>anyone give a solution to this problem? Can ospeed be substituted
>by another routine or can the code be altered to remove references
>to ospeed? Any help would be appreciated.

There is a static declaration of ospeed somewhere in the code.  Just
unifdef it.

 ...tai