[comp.sources.bugs] v02i066: umoria - single player dungeon simulation, Part01/16

eims@oliveb.UUCP (Chuck Droukas) (11/07/87)

I am dying to run moria, but I've run into a couple of snags.
The first one dealt with extracting files 4 and 11.  When the files
moria.doc.2 and moria.doc.1 were extracted, the message "shar: moria.doc.1
unpacked with wrong size!" was displayed.

The other problem I have encountered thus far happened when I went to
compile the source using the 4.3 makefile.  The variable type "uid_t"
from types.h gave an "undefined variable" error message.  I would
appreciate any info you could give me on these error messages.

Thanks.

Chuck Droukas
Olivetti ATC
(408)996-3867

        sssssssss
       ss jjjjjj
       ss   jj
        sssssssss
            jj  ss
            jj  ss
        sssssssss
        jjjjjj

Bring baseball to San Jose.
   The SAN JOSE GIANTS!

nerd@percival.UUCP (Michael Galassi) (11/10/87)

In article <8402@oliveb.UUCP> eims@oliveb.UUCP (Chuck Droukas) writes:

>When the files
>moria.doc.2 and moria.doc.1 were extracted, the message "shar: moria.doc.1
>unpacked with wrong size!" was displayed.

I had that problem too, infact when I went to read the doc files they
were pretty well garbaged.  I doubt they got out of tek correctly as
I am only 2 hops away, could they be re-posted?

>The other problem I have encountered thus far happened when I went to
>compile the source using the 4.3 makefile.  The variable type "uid_t"
>from types.h gave an "undefined variable" error message.

I too had this problem, you need to make shure that uid_t and gid_t
are typedef'ed in your "/usr/include/sys/types.h", if they are not
find out what they should be from the man page for getuid(2) and
getgid(2) and add the lines
typedef int uid_t	/* or whatever you find this should be */
typedef	int gid_t	/* or whatever you find this should be */
to the file <sys/types.h>.  If you don't have write permision to this
file just add the two lines in the offending file (I don't remember
the name of it).

-michael
--
...!tektronix!reed!percival!nerd |  If my employer knew my opinions he would
...!uunet!littlei!percival!nerd  |  probably be looking for another engineer.

Michael Galassi, Frye Electronics, Tigard, OR

mike@turing.unm.edu (Michael I. Bushnell) (11/10/87)

There is YAMP (Yet Another Moria Problem).

The config.h file has:

#define LIBDIR(xxx)	"/foo/bar/lib/xxx"
#define FOO		LIBDIR(foofile)
#define BAR		LIBDIR(barfile)
.
.
.

This is NON STANDARD.  Some of used REAL C COMPILERS which don't like
this construction.  According to ANSI, cpp macros are not to be expanded
when found inside "" or ''.

So:  please don't post things like this.  This particular bug causes
moria to nicely clear the screen and terminate without a word!
--
				Michael I. Bushnell
				a/k/a Bach II