[comp.sources.bugs] MicroEMACS 3.9

mdf@tut.UUCP (11/24/87)

In <1107@sugar.UUCP> karl@sugar.UUCP (Karl Lehenbauer) writes:
>Well, I pulled MicroEMACS 3.9e off of comp.sources.misc and gave them a
>try under Microport Sys V/286 2.2.  After changing the makefile to do a
>-lcurses in the link rather than a -ltermcap, the linker bombed on
>an object too big, requiring a recompile with "-Ml" in the CFLAGS
>in the makefile.  One of the modules causes the optimizer to bomb.
>I invoked the compiler by hand without the -O option and it compiled
>fine.  Everything then linked OK.

Under SCO XENIX 2.2, I put -Ml2 in CFLAGS to go for large model and
286-specific code use, and it compiled fine, no trouble with the
optimizer.

I'm just running single-user, so I can't comment either way about its
use of CPU.  BTW, if you are willing to spend the bucks, I'm
beta-testing EPSILON from Lugaru Software Ltd. under SCO.  It is a
fast, very powerful EMACS-style editor.  They may have a uPort version.
At $195 retail, it is a steal.  If anyone needs more info, send email.

--
Mark D. Freeman							(614) 262-3703
StrongPoint Systems, Inc.			    mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu