[comp.sources.bugs] nethack must be one deeply buggy piece of software

karl@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) (12/21/87)

Having just n-key'd through 18 items about nethack bugs, and realizing
that I have had to do that for quite some time, I facetiously propose
the creation of comp.sources.bugs.nethack, which (if it were to leave
the Land of the Facetious) would bleed off the nethack bug reports to
a single common spot and leave comp.sources.bugs to discuss something
other than that.
--
Karl

linhart@gauss.rutgers.edu (D-ro 3) (12/22/87)

In article <3415@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> karl@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Karl Kleinpaste) writes:
>Having just n-key'd through 18 items about nethack bugs, and realizing
>that I have had to do that for quite some time, I facetiously propose
>the creation of comp.sources.bugs.nethack, which (if it were to leave
>the Land of the Facetious) would bleed off the nethack bug reports to
>a single common spot and leave comp.sources.bugs to discuss something
>other than that.

It is indeed a very buggy program, having been hacked by an entire
net.  I think comp.games.bugs is a good idea, to pool moria, nethack,
et al into one subforum.  If it had the same distribution (some
locations don't get rec.games.hack and comp.sources.bugs is the only
place to find the fixes), it might work.

Oh, and try opening a KILL file to spare your finger the extra effort.  --
"Science does not remove the terror of the gods."  | Steve Linhart
                            -- J.R. "Bob" Dobbs	   | linhart@gauss.rutgers.edu
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." | Matrix 1:107/513
                            -- Lazarus Long        | 201-878-0937