[comp.sources.bugs] Mush-users: read this

dheller@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Dan Heller) (03/30/89)

In article <695@gouldnl.UUCP> wytze@gouldnl.UUCP (Wytze van der Raay) writes:
>In article <1799@infocenter.UUCP> mhoffman@infocenter.UUCP (Mike Hoffman) writes:
>>While compiling mush 6.4, I ran across a rather unexpected
>>problem during loading: "_timezone: undefined." Well I tried
>>"man timezone" and got the manpage for ctime(3), but timezone()
>>was missing from the page!
>The proposed change is really a kludge, not a fix! How about innocent
>Mush users outside the EST/EDT timezone? You don't really want them
>to edit the source again and again ...

Don't worry -- I already fixed this.  The way it's going to work is
that if you want, you can define your own TIMEZONE --if it's defined,
a timezone isn't even attempted to be gotten from the system.  This
will obviously have to be defined for the gould system.

And there's another cat out of the bag -- while we're at it.
A new patch is going to be posted shortly which converts the posted
6.4 to Mush 6.5.  One of the major feature additions will be the
ability to edit your outgoing mail headers in your editor.  That means
you can change that long To: header while composing the message in the
editor.

There are still a few little things that need to be ironed out and then
it's in r$'s hands before the patch is posted to comp.sources.unix.

A few people also seem to be confused about where to get onto the mush-users
mailing list.  The address is mush-users-request@garp.mit.edu (this is
currently redirected to me at cory).  If you want to be on the list, please
mail me at the request address.

There is/will be a call for discussion for the addition of comp.mail.mush
to the existing newsgroups.  This is probably qualified by the fact that
mush-users has about 20 redistribution lists and 100+ users on the list
otherwise.  What's more, I'm getting 1 to 3 new requests a day.  I don't
know how to go about getting a newsgroup added, but hopefully someone else
does and will handle that for me :-)

Dan Heller	<island!argv@sun.com>