[comp.sources.bugs] Xcu shar problem

gdykes@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gene Dykes) (05/10/89)

The shar program used by the comp.sources.x newsgroup appended newlines
to all my files.  The result is that the files in examples/xtbl do not
work properly.  Simply delete the trailing blank line from the tst* files
and the examples should work properly.

--
Gene Dykes, gdykes@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

dheller@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Dan Heller) (05/11/89)

In article <7911@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> gdykes@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gene Dykes) writes:
> The shar program used by the comp.sources.x newsgroup appended newlines
> to all my files.  The result is that the files in examples/xtbl do not
> work properly.  Simply delete the trailing blank line from the tst* files
> and the examples should work properly.
>
> --
> Gene Dykes, gdykes@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu

The problem was with a -certain someone-'s shar program!
(you know who you are, but I won't say your name, rich)
the problem should be solved for all subsequent postings to the newsgroup.
(comp.sources.x)
Dan Heller	<island!argv@sun.com>