[comp.sources.bugs] Re^2: NN: bugs

seindal@skinfaxe.diku.dk (Rene' Seindal) (06/30/89)

lishka@uwslh.UUCP (Andria's boyfriend) writes:

> In article <3180@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sriram Ramkrishna) writes:
> >Has anybody had problems with NN in which after trying to go to the next
> >newsgroup NN quits mysteriously??

> Does anyone out there know what is causing this?

It might be because the database is either corrupted or not build completely
yet.  If the database gets corrupted in some way, nn can behave like this.  It
does give a message, but at least I the version I am using, the message
dissapears _very_ fast.  Try to look in the log file for messages about a
corrupted database.  You can use nnadmin for that.  Type `l' to the first menu
to look at the log file.

If you want to run a thorough check of the database, use the Validate function
in nnadmin.

You should never run nn while building the database.

Rene' Seindal (seindal@diku.dk).