[comp.sources.bugs] Compiling CRISP1.9 on UNIXPC

todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) (06/30/89)

I'm having problems compiling CRISP on a UNIXPC (3.50).  I keep
getting
warning: enumeration type clash

It has something to do with list.h.  Specifically, all the errors
show up on lines that either use the LIST typedef or one of the
OPCODES.  Any hints?

--

Todd Day | todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us | ivucsb!todd@anise.acc.com
"All theory, no practice.  That's the story of my life."

kdb@chinet.chi.il.us (Karl Botts) (07/01/89)

In article <1989Jun29.172536.3248@ivucsb.sba.ca.us> todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) writes:
>I'm having problems compiling CRISP on a UNIXPC (3.50).  I keep
>getting
>warning: enumeration type clash

I have crisp1.9 as it came over the net a couple of weeks ago compiled and
running.  I did not have the problem you mention but I do remember reading
something about it in the files--grep for "[Ee]numeration".

This sort of brings up another question: what are the C compiler options
for the 3b1?  Is there an ANSI compiler, short of GNU, available?
I just don't want to go through the struggle of bringing up a beta test
compiler, especially such a huge one.  Which brings up another question:
Why is all the GNU software so darned massive?  I guess I tend to mistrust
software which is the biggest by a factor of several in its department.
For programs, as for most works of literature, I tend to the view that all
other things being equal, smaller is better.  I note that the massive size
of the GNU software is not just all the pre-processor stuff to support so
many machines--half the messages on the net about it are people reporting
running out of memory or other resources at run-time.  So how come?

What is shcc?