[comp.sources.bugs] pcomm 1.1 patch 9

trevor@trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) (09/16/89)

Please could someone mail me this patch and any others after patch 10.
	thankyou in advance

Trevor J. Harris					ukc!trevan!trevor

pax@megasys.COM (Garry M. Paxinos) (09/19/89)

In article <1989Sep16.132728.7315@trevan.uucp> trevor@trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) writes:

   Please could someone mail me this patch and any others after patch 10.
	   thankyou in advance

I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a distribuition point
for all patches to pcomm 1.1.  Thanks!
--
Internet : work - pax@megasys.com     home - pax@ankh.ftl.fl.us
USNail   : Megasystems, Inc.  2055 South Congress Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33445

las) (09/20/89)

In article <184@megasys.COM> pax@megasys.COM (Garry M. Paxinos) writes:
}In article <1989Sep16.132728.7315@trevan.uucp> trevor@trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) writes:

}   Please could someone mail me this patch and any others after patch 10.

}I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a distribuition point
}for all patches to pcomm 1.1.  Thanks!

Is there some reason to be using pcomm 1.1 in preference to 1.2?  (Just
curious).  I replaced my 1.1 with 1.2, including patch sets 1 - 4, some
time ago.

BTW: Good work Emmet!

regards, Larry
--
Signed: Larry A. Shurr (cbema!las@att.ATT.COM or att!cbema!las)
Clever signature, Wonderful wit, Outdo the others, Be a big hit! - Burma Shave

egray@fthood.UUCP (09/22/89)

>Reference the request for patches, and the status of the current version
of Pcomm...

I mailed the Pcomm v1.2 distribution package to Rich Salz (the moderator
of comp.sources.unix) on the 4th of Feb 89.  I have also mailed him the
4 patches as they came out.  He has acknowledged that he does indeed
have the code, and that it is "in the queue".  But obviously I'm not
holding my breathe for it to appear any time soon.

Meanwhile, the lastest version of Pcomm (version 1.2.4) is available via
anonymous ftp from cerl.cecer.army.mil (129.229.1.101).

Emmet P. Gray				US Army, HQ III Corps & Fort Hood
...!uunet!uiucuxc!fthood!egray		Attn: AFZF-DE-ENV
fthood!egray@uxc.cso.uiuc.edu		Directorate of Engineering & Housing
					Environmental Management Office
					Fort Hood, TX 76544-5057

rick@pcrat.uucp (Rick Richardson) (09/22/89)

In article <11200006@fthood> egray@fthood.UUCP writes:

>I mailed the Pcomm v1.2 distribution package to Rich Salz (the moderator
>of comp.sources.unix) on the 4th of Feb 89.  I have also mailed him the
>4 patches as they came out.  He has acknowledged that he does indeed
>have the code, and that it is "in the queue".

With that kind of delay "in the queue", it seems to me that you ought
to send Rich a completely patched Pcomm v1.2.

I just can't see why comp.sources.unix should publish a program with
known patches (and the headaches they create) unless the patches
"cross in the mail", so to speak.  These patches couldn't have crossed
in the mail, even if one of the links was doing 0.1 baud!

--
Rick Richardson |       Looking for FAX software for UNIX ??????        mention
PC Research,Inc.|                  WE'RE SHIPPING			 your

pax@megasys.COM (Garry M. Paxinos) (09/22/89)

In article <9648@cbnews.ATT.COM> cbema!las@cbnews.ATT.COM (cbema!las) writes:

   Is there some reason to be using pcomm 1.1 in preference to 1.2?  (Just
   curious).  I replaced my 1.1 with 1.2, including patch sets 1 - 4, some
   time ago.

None other than I haven't found it....  Where is it available from?

   BTW: Good work Emmet!

Agreed!
--

marks@mgse.UUCP (Mark Seiffert) (09/24/89)

In article <11200006@fthood> egray@fthood.UUCP writes:
>Meanwhile, the lastest version of Pcomm (version 1.2.4) is available via
>anonymous ftp from cerl.cecer.army.mil (129.229.1.101).

It is also available from my archive server, send the following message
to archive@mgse

- cut here --------------------------------------------------
set uuencode
set compress
help
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.1.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.2.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.3.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.4.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.5.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.6.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.7.Z
send other/unix/pcomm1.2.4/pcomm_sh.8.Z

This will get you the compressed uuencoded files that are on cerl.

--
Mark Seiffert,  Metairie, LA.
uucp:           rex!mgse!marks