[comp.sources.bugs] Wanted source for the ubiquitous 'patch' program

cmp7130@sys.uea.ac.uk (R.M. O'Neill) (09/22/89)

Does someone out there have the source for the current version of patch(1),
I have version '2.1' (I think !!) but this does not handle the current
shorthands used in diff patches.

Sorry to have to post this, but I have tried hard to find an info-server in
the UK which can supply me with it via FTP or Mail, and have failed entirely.

(There was one which claimed to have it but would not reply to any of my
messages !!)

Thankyou
  Richard O'Neill

| #include <picture.h>	             | UUCP:  ..|ukc|uea-sys|cmp7130 |
| Richard O'Neill, UEA, Norwich, UK  | Janet: cmp7130@uk.ac.uea.sys  |

zap@savage.UUCP (Zap Savage) (09/24/89)

In article <717@sys.uea.ac.uk> cmp7130@uea-sys.UUCP (Richard O'Neill) writes:
>Does someone out there have the source for the current version of patch(1),
>I have version '2.1' (I think !!) but this does not handle the current

Me, too!  Or object file for Xenix 286.  Compiling it could be a problem
since the system I'm on doesn't have a compiler.

Zap
| Zap Savage                                                                  |
| Savage Research "Where Quality Isn't Just A Word, It's A Noun"              |
|  "There are three possibilities: Pioneer's solar panel has turned away from |
| the sun; there's a large meteor blocking transmission; or someone loaded    |
| Star Trek 3.2 into our video processor."                                    |

meulenbr@cstw01.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) (09/26/89)

The latest version was posted to comp.os.minix just a few days ago.
Also it is available from several ftp and uucp servers.
If you have an older version you can also obtain the upgrades
from Larry Wall's uucp server. See the doc's for the details.
Frans Meulenbroeks        (meulenbr@cst.prl.philips.nl)
	Centre for Software Technology
	( or try: ...!mcvax!phigate!prle!cst!meulenbr)

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (09/27/89)

In article <717@prles2.UUCP> meulenbr@cstw01.prl.philips.nl (Frans Meulenbroeks) writes:
>The latest version was posted to comp.os.minix just a few days ago.

Why there?  Am I missing a lot of valuable Unix utilities by not reading
the minix group?

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2