[comp.sources.bugs] Perl 3.0 PL 4 - Bad octal constant in perl.h

gnb@bby.oz (Gregory N. Bond) (11/13/89)

Compiling the patchlebel 4 perl 3.0 on a Solbourne running OS/MP 4.0A
(a sun4 clone running SunOs4.0.1+a bit).

perl.h line 269: Bad octal constant 87654321

(This is part of the support for Cray long ints).  The SunOs 3.5
compiler didn't mind.  I just commented out that part of the #if
expression.  Next time, without the leading zeros?

Greg.
--
Gregory Bond, Burdett Buckeridge & Young Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Internet: gnb@melba.bby.oz.au    non-MX: gnb%melba.bby.oz@uunet.uu.net

dolf@fwi.uva.nl (Dolf Starreveld) (11/13/89)

gnb@bby.oz (Gregory N. Bond) writes:

> Compiling the patchlebel 4 perl 3.0 on a Solbourne running OS/MP 4.0A
> (a sun4 clone running SunOs4.0.1+a bit).

> perl.h line 269: Bad octal constant 87654321

> (This is part of the support for Cray long ints).  The SunOs 3.5
> compiler didn't mind.  I just commented out that part of the #if
> expression.  Next time, without the leading zeros?

> Greg.

On both SUN-3 and SUN-4 machines and Sparcstation/Sparcserver machines
I just left it as it was. The warnings are generated, but everything
seems to compile to useable executables without problem.
Larry should fix this, however, since the warnings are annoying.

--dolf
Dolf Starreveld  Phone: +31 20 592 5056/+31 20 592 5022, TELEX: 10262 HEF NL
EMAIL:           dolf@fwi.uva.nl (dolf%fwi.uva.nl@hp4nl.nluug.nl)
SNAIL:           Dept. of Math. and Computing Science, University of Amsterdam,
                 Kruislaan 409, NL-1098 SJ  Amsterdam, The Netherlands