[comp.sources.bugs] Need xpic patch #10

friedman@chekov.UU.NET (Barry Friedman) (03/15/90)

I seem to have missed patch #10 for xpic.  If you have a copy
please let me know by e-mail so I don't get a hundred copies in
my mailbox. :-)

Thanks,
--
Barry Friedman
UUCP: ...!uunet!chekov!friedman

moraes@cs.toronto.edu (Mark Moraes) (03/16/90)

friedman@chekov.UU.NET (Barry Friedman) writes:
>I seem to have missed patch #10 for xpic.  If you have a copy
>please let me know by e-mail so I don't get a hundred copies in
>my mailbox. :-)

Patchlevel 10 was the version that went on the R4 contrib tape.  Patch
11 fixed that version to compile and work with R4.  Patch 10 was never
explicitly posted -- basically, I use each release of X as a baseline
-- things submitted to an X release tend to get reworked and their
patches get pretty large.  (Not true for xpic this time, but true for
xtroff) I usually just put out a couple of post-release patches to
make the thing work with that release.  (The theory is that people
don't need to bring their version upto R4 level unless they have R4 in
which case they'll have it at the right patchlevel anyway...)

I strongly urge people to get a copy of the latest X release --
there's lotsa stuff fixed and improved.  If you have the core release
and just want xpic or xtroff for it, I'd suggest you get xtroff.tar.Z
or xpic.tar.Z from cs.toronto.edu (in pub/X) or expo.lcs.mit.edu (in
contrib/) It'll probably be on some uucp archive site -- sorry, I
don't know which one.