[comp.sources.bugs] C News patching scheme

stealth@caen.engin.umich.edu (arrakis) (09/19/90)

In article <1990Sep17.010600.11421@vicom.com> lmb@vicom.com
	(Larry Blair) writes:
>In article <1990Sep13.203645.12937@scuzzy.mbx.sub.org> src@scuzzy.mbx.sub.org
	(Heiko Blume) writes:
>=since cnews has become really stable, i would suggest posting the
>=whole thing soon. that would also be an opportunity to start using
>=release numbers and patchlevel.h etc. (i like files like cnews-1.0.tar.Z :-)
>
>Patch _numbers_?  In C News?  What a novel idea!

I rather like the C-news patching scheme.  What do people find so unpleasant
about it?

--
Michael V. Pelletier            | "We live our lives with our hands on the
 CAEN UseNet News Administrator |  rear-view mirror, striving to get a better