[comp.sources.bugs] TRN part 9 repost is still wrong SOLUTION: how I made it work.

afc@shibaya.lonestar.org (Augustine Cano) (12/09/90)

In article <1352@bullwinkle.UUCP> chris@toontown.UUCP (Chris Andersen (The Dangerous Guy)) writes:

>The repost of Part 9 of the TRN shar to comp.sources.unix is not even
>compatible with the previous distribution.  In that distribution files
>were split between shars.  The file being unpacked at the end of part 8
>should be continued in part 9 (the repost).  It is not.  It doesn't
>even appear in the repost.

If you start over unpacking from scratch, you'll have problems.  Leave
the files that were unpacked up to the point of failure, and then unpack
the new parts 9 and 10.  Follow that with the remaining original 11-14.

After I did that, all the patches succeeded.

--
Augustine Cano		INTERNET: afc@shibaya.lonestar.org
			UUCP:     ...!{ernest,egsner}!shibaya!afc