[comp.sources.bugs] My part 9 of trn corrupted

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) (12/04/90)

Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
Could someone please email me a copy? Thanks.
--
Rob Bernardo                             Mt. Diablo Software Solutions    _ /
email: rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US        phone: (415) 827-4301           <_/_><

hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Hans Trompert) (12/05/90)

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) writes:
->Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
->Could someone please email me a copy? Thanks.

Same here. But it doesn't look corrupted, it's just not complete.
So maybe a resend is inorder here ?
--
# S-mail: Hans Trompert, AHA-TMF, Europaboulevard 23, 1079 PC Amsterdam      #
# E-mail: hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl / hanst@htsa.UUCP / ...!hp4nl!htsa!hanst #

gert@targon.UUCP (Gert Kanis) (12/06/90)

In article <2633@maestro.htsa.aha.nl> hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Hans Trompert) writes:
>rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) writes:
>->Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
>
>Same here. But it doesn't look corrupted, it's just not complete.
>So maybe a resend is inorder here ?
>--
I guess that would apply, it's the same here with trn part 9.
please repost.
--
Gert Kanis,     Siemens Nixdorf Infosystems BV, Netherlands
		gert@targon.UUCP  (intern: kanis.via)

efwjr@oberon.paradyne.com (Ellsworth Warmouth (813)530-2882) (12/07/90)

In article <2633@maestro.htsa.aha.nl> hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl (Hans Trompert) writes:
>rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) writes:
>->Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
>->Could someone please email me a copy? Thanks.
>
>Same here. But it doesn't look corrupted, it's just not complete.
>So maybe a resend is inorder here ?

Yes the tail end of the file is missing here also. The size of the shar
is only 37k as compared to 60k for the rest of the parts. The following
modules are also missing when the shars are unpacked:

	newsetup.1
	newsetup.SH
	newsgroups.1
	newsgroups.SH
	newsnews.SH

The following files are also probably missing parts since the patch file
also has problems with them:

	ndir.h
	ng.c

I hope it is not just a repost of the bad shar again but that the shar
is fixed and then re-sent.

--

Ellsworth Warmouth  AT&T Paradyne Corp. Largo FL  813-530-2882
UUCP 	efwjr@pdn.paradyne.com	Amateur Call	KB4SH

fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org (Frank Kaefer) (12/08/90)

rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) writes:

|Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
|Could someone please email me a copy? Thanks.

Me, too, please !

Thanks,
Frank
--
| Frank Kaefer | fkk@stasys.sta.sub.org | Starnberg, Germany |
| Compuserve: 72427,2101   | Internet: fkk@Germany.Sun.COM   |

ggw%wolves@cs.duke.edu (Gregory G. Woodbury) (12/08/90)

In <1990Dec6.224605.20861@pdn.paradyne.com> efwjr@oberon.paradyne.com
(Ellsworth Warmouth (813)530-2882) writes:

>In article <2633@maestro.htsa.aha.nl> hanst@maestro.htsa.aha.nl
(Hans Trompert) writes:
>>rob@mtdiablo.Concord.CA.US (Rob Boldbear) writes:
>>->Part 9 of trn just posted to comp.sources.unix was corrupted on my system.
>>->Could someone please email me a copy? Thanks.
>>
>>Same here. But it doesn't look corrupted, it's just not complete.
>>So maybe a resend is inorder here ?
>
>Yes the tail end of the file is missing here also. The size of the shar
>is only 37k as compared to 60k for the rest of the parts. The following
>modules are also missing when the shars are unpacked:

Funny thing!  Both the original and the reposted file are just fine at
this site!  Here's the header and a summary of the contents.

>From: rsalz@bbn.com (Rich Salz)
>Newsgroups: comp.sources.unix
>Subject: v23i068:  TRN, version of RN that follows conversation threads, Part09/14
>Date: 3 Dec 90 20:28:00 GMT
>
>Submitted-by: Wayne Davison <davison@dri.com>
>Posting-number: Volume 23, Issue 68
>Archive-name: trn/part09
>
>---- Cut Here and unpack ----
>#!/bin/sh
># this is part 9 of a multipart archive
># do not concatenate these parts, unpack them in order with /bin/sh
># file mt.check.SH continued
>:
>:	<most of shar deleted>
>:
>SHAR_EOF
>chmod 0660 ndir.NOPSIS
>
>exit 0 # Just in case...
>--
>Please send comp.sources.unix-related mail to rsalz@uunet.uu.net.
>Use a domain-based address or give alternate paths, or you may lose out.

It will be in the Wolves Den archives in just a couple of days.
--
Gregory G. Woodbury @ The Wolves Den UNIX, Durham NC
UUCP: ...dukcds!wolves!ggw   ...mcnc!wolves!ggw           [use the maps!]

ggw%wolves@cs.duke.edu (Gregory G. Woodbury) (12/10/90)

Oops!

Open mouth, insert foot!