[comp.sources.bugs] bugs in loan.c

crassi@kodak.kodak.com (Charlie Crassi) (01/11/91)

From: crassi@kodak.kodak.com (Charlie Crassi)
Newsgroups: unix-pc.general comp.sources.bugs
Subject: Bug in loan.c
Sender: crassi@kodak.kodak.com

In a recently posted article the source code was given for loan.c
that if compiled and run as is will produce an error in the way
it displays the payment schedule "if a loan begins on any month
other than January".

I have used this program over the past 4 years or so and it works
really great in general. Recently I had the occasion to reprint
the mortgage schedule on my primary resisidence and the payment
schedule begins in May of 1967. The schedule printed always begins
on Jan of the correct year. I have not tweaked the code to repair
the bug but perhaps one of the network C gurus would be able to fix
it in a jiffy whereas it would take me a while to find the problem.
(sometimes us old CP/M programmers have trouble with new fangled
languages and tools :-)
--
charlie