[comp.mail.misc] path to hbunos.bitnet?

dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) (12/15/86)

I have a professor at my site who is trying to send mail to a fella at
hbunos.bitnet.

I try to send mail to him as user%hbunos.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa but wiscvm
doesn't seem to know about hbunos. Is this a valid sitename? The professor
says it's some site in Israel.

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
#include <std-disclaimer.h>
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee

scott@utcs.uucp (12/17/86)

In article <1559@uwmcsd1.UUCP> dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
>I have a professor at my site who is trying to send mail to a fella at
>hbunos.bitnet.
>
>I try to send mail to him as user%hbunos.bitnet@wiscvm.arpa but wiscvm
>doesn't seem to know about hbunos. Is this a valid sitename? The professor
>says it's some site in Israel.

Well my site thinks its on bitnet - I have it listed as a cyber running
good old NOS (No Operating System). It doesn't surprise me that WISCVM
doesn't like it... WISCVM doesn't like anything. Usually if you send it
again it might work. WISCVM is very tempermental. The best idea is to find
a better gateway and get the WISCVM people to install some better software.

--
				"I feel fine..."

...{utzoo, decvax, ihnp4, cbosgd, utcsri, mnetor}!utcs!scott
scott%utcs.toronto.edu@csnet-relay.arpa
scott@utoronto.bitnet
scott@utcs.utoronto.bitnet

Disclaimer: The above is not actually the opinion of anyone at all but
	especially not the administration or staff of this institution.