[comp.mail.misc] Copy of mail standard wanted

mark@ems.UUCP (Mark H. Colburn) (12/24/86)

Does anybody have a copy of the RFC-822 Standard for mail that they could
send me?  I am in need of this, or any other newer mail standard such as
RFC-927(?).  A copy of either of these standards, or information on how to
get a copy would be greatly appreciated.

--
Mark H. Colburn             UUCP: ihnp4!meccts!ems!mark
EMS/McGraw-Hill              ATT: (612) 829-8200

jc@cdx39.UUCP (John Chambers) (12/29/86)

> Does anybody have a copy of the RFC-822 Standard for mail that they could
> send me?  I am in need of this, or any other newer mail standard such as
> RFC-927(?).

Is there an emailable version of these [what's 927?] in my vicinity?
I've seen excerpts, but I don't have a copy of the Real Thing.  I've
seen directions on getting it via tcp, but we're not on that network.
I'd like to read all about how it should be done.

--
	John M Chambers			Phone: 617/364-2000x7304
Email: ...{adelie,bu-cs,harvax,inmet,mcsbos,mit-eddie,mot[bos]}!cdx39!{jc,news,root,usenet,uucp}

paul@vcvax1.UUCP (paul) (01/01/87)

I'm also interested in pointers to sources for mail standards
documents -- in particular, SMTP.  Anyone?

-------------
Paul Kleppner
VenturCom, Inc.
617/661-1230
{seismo!harvard,genrad!mit-eddie}!cybvax0!vcvax1!paul

campbell@maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) (01/02/87)

In article <212@vcvax1.UUCP> paul@vcvax1.UUCP (paul) writes:
>I'm also interested in pointers to sources for mail standards
>documents -- in particular, SMTP.  Anyone?

Most of these documents (RFC821 - SMTP, RFC822 - ARPAnet message format
standard, and RFC976 - UUCP mail format standard) were posted to
mod.sources.doc about a year ago.  For reasons unknown (at least to me),
mod.sources.doc has been completely silent since then.  Does anyone know
what the status of that newsgroup is?

I saved copies of most of the RFCs posted to mod.sources.doc, but they're
big, and I'm reluctant to just arbitrarily repost them.  I'd rather that
some sort of formal mechanism, with archive servers (like mod.sources)
were set up.  Any volunteers?  Are you listening, Ron (Natalie, who's
listed as the moderator for mod.sources.doc)?
--
Larry Campbell                                The Boston Software Works, Inc.
Internet: campbell@maynard.uucp             120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109

lamy@ai.toronto.edu (01/10/87)

I have an account on a VMS machine far away.  The said machine
has DecNet connections to Ultrix machines willing to act as
UUCP gateways.  Sending a message to myself works fine, both ways.
Yet I cannot forward all my mail from there to here because,
I've been told, the DecNet-Ultrix gateway can handle SPOCK::"foo@a,bar@b"
but not two SPOCK::"foo@a", SPOCK::"foo@b", where a and b are UUCP
sites.  So whenever two people in a mailing list happen to forward
UUCP mail through the same host, boom.

My personal suspicion is a local configuration problem rather than
a Ultrix software problem.  Since the people there are relatively new
at these things, I presume they are running vanilla 1.2 and VMS 4.2

Thanks in advance.  I'm getting bored with remote log-ins...

Jean-Francois Lamy 		       CSNet:  lamy@ai.toronto.edu
AI Group, Dept of Computer Science     ARPA:   lamy%ai.toronto.edu@relay.cs.net
University of Toronto		       EAN:    lamy@ai.toronto.cdn
Toronto, ON, Canada		       UUCP:   lamy@utai.uucp