[comp.mail.misc] Sending mail from bitnet <---> usen

brad@bradley.UUCP (03/05/87)

How does one go the other way (ie. UUCP -> BITNET)?

thanks
ihnp4!bradley!brad

marv@vsedev.VSE.COM (Marvin Raab) (03/10/87)

In article <10400001@bradley> brad@bradley.UUCP writes:
>How does one go the other way (ie. UUCP -> BITNET)?

    try   ...!psuvax!BITNETNODE.BITNET!USERID

    example    cmcl2!psuvax!CUNYVM.BITNET!USER01

                        -marvin

--
Marvin Raab                                      Arlington, VA 22202
   ...!seismo!vsedev!marv                        703-521-5449 (h)

scott@utgpu.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <10400001@bradley> brad@bradley.UUCP writes:
>How does one go the other way (ie. UUCP -> BITNET)?

Simple...
just route it through psuvax1

...!psuvax1!site.bitnet!user
--
  "I'm not paranoid... the world IS out to get me!"

  ...{utai, utzoo, decvax, ihnp4, cbosgd, utcsri, mnetor}!utgpu!scott
    scott@utoronto.bitnet                       Scott J.M. Campbell
     scott%utoronto.bitnet@wiscvm.wisc.edu

normt@ihlpa.UUCP (03/11/87)

In article <10400001@bradley>, brad@bradley.UUCP writes:

> How does one go the other way (ie. UUCP -> BITNET)?

	The method described in the articles "Notable Computer
	Networks" says:
	...!psuvax1!host.bitnet!user
	Also various other posters have mentioned that psuvax1
	is one of a couple UUCP <-> Bitnet gateways. I have not
	heard of any other.

	Hope this helps;
		Norm Tiedemann
		..!ihnp4!ihlpa!normt
		AT&T Bell Labs

nate@cpocd2.UUCP (03/12/87)

In article <458@vsedev.VSE.COM> marv@vsedev.UUCP (Marvin Raab) writes:
>In article <10400001@bradley> brad@bradley.UUCP writes:
>>How does one go the other way (ie. UUCP -> BITNET)?
>

>    try   ...!psuvax!BITNETNODE.BITNET!USERID
>
>    example    cmcl2!psuvax!CUNYVM.BITNET!USER01
>

>                        -marvin
Well, Marvin, that would have worked back in the days when the Penn
State CS Dept. had only one Vax.  Now, however, you need to use
'psuvax1' instead of 'psuvax'.

Good luck, Brad!

Nathan Hess
Workstation Group, ASIC Services Organization, Intel Corp.

...!{decwrl|hplabs|pur-ee|qantel|amd|oliveb}!intelca!mipos3!cpocd2!nate
<other> :   nate@cpocd2.intel.com
ATT     :   (602) 961-2037