[comp.mail.misc] Looking for hosts

dpz@paul.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (04/19/87)

Hello all,

I am trying to get in touch with some colleagues around the US and
need some assistance.

My first problem is trying to mail to someone whose address is at
andrew.cmu.edu.  At least, that is what inhabits the "From:" address.
The postmaster@andrew.cmu.edu just doesn't seem to take a liking to
our mailer when I try to reply, though.  What magic must I do to get
through?  Barf message available upon request.

Also, and this is a long shot, I am looking for the hostname of a
(the?) VAX at Guilford College in Greensboro, NC.  Any leads?

						dpz
--
David P. Zimmerman           rutgers!dpz           dpz@rutgers.edu

ghoti#@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Stoller) (04/19/87)

ReSent-From: postman#@andrew.cmu.edu

ReSent-To: nntp-xmit#@andrew.cmu.edu

To: outnews#ext.nn.comp.mail.misc@andrew.cmu.edu

Could you be a little more specific about what problems you are having
mailing to andrew - a look at the rejection notices that were generated would
help.

               Adam Stoller
Andrew Message System Group
   Carnegie-Mellon University
   <ghoti#@andrew.cmu.edu>
            (412)268-6723

dpz@paul.RUTGERS.EDU (David P. Zimmerman) (04/22/87)

> From: ghoti#@andrew.cmu.edu (Adam Stoller)

> Could you be a little more specific about what problems you are having
> mailing to andrew - a look at the rejection notices that were generated would
> help.

Thanks go to Adam - through mail we tracked down that the username I was
given for my friend was wrong, and I got the correct one.

						dpz
--
David P. Zimmerman           rutgers!dpz           dpz@rutgers.edu