[comp.mail.misc] mail gateway to EARN

todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) (04/25/87)

Is there a mail gateway to EARN?  Any help in finding such a gateway
and a suitable routing path would be appreciated....Thanks...todd

--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Computing Center
UUCP:		{ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!todd

todd@uhccux.UUCP (04/27/87)

In article <446@uhccux.UUCP> I wrote:
>Is there a mail gateway to EARN?  Any help in finding such a gateway
>and a suitable routing path would be appreciated....Thanks...todd

I forgot to mention that we do support domain addressing, but the

	username@earnhost.BITNET

failed to get delivered.  In any case, I was told that the following
gateways to EARN are available:

	user%earnhost.BITNET@WISCVM.WISC.EDU
	user%earnhost.BITNET@PSUVAX1.UUCP
	user%earnhost.EARN@DEARN.BITNET

Thanks for all the help net-folks!...todd

--

srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) (04/28/87)

In article <446@uhccux.UUCP> todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) writes:
>Is there a mail gateway to EARN?  Any help in finding such a gateway
>and a suitable routing path would be appreciated....Thanks...todd
>
>--
>Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Computing Center
>UUCP:		{ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax,dcdwest}!sdcsvax!nosc!uhccux!todd
>ARPA:		uhccux!todd@nosc.MIL
>INTERNET:	todd@uhccux.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU

There is a gateway from BITNET.  Try that way.

hudgins@houxf.UUCP (04/30/87)

In article <141@actnyc.UUCP>, srk@actnyc.UUCP (Shalom Krischer) writes:
> In article <446@uhccux.UUCP> todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) writes:
> >Is there a mail gateway to EARN?  Any help in finding such a gateway
> >and a suitable routing path would be appreciated....Thanks...todd

Below is something I have kept to help me find paths.  I got it
off of the net, but don't remember where.

It will get you to Europe, but I don't know anything about "EARN."
----
Clay Hudgins
(allegra,cbatt,clyde,ihnp4,ulysses)!houxf!hudgins
             (ucbvax,seismo)!cbosgd!houxf!hudgins

*** Please do not reply by EMAIL, as this is my last day on this account.

******************* CUT HERE *********************************

This is the European backbone (mcvax feeds all of them):

            tut   enea   diku   unido   hafro   	tut -> Finland
    inria----+----------mcvax-------------+       	mcvax -> Netherlands
             |         /  |  \	          |		cernvax -> Switzerland
             |        /   |   \	          |		ukc -> Great Britain
             |       /    |    \          |		prlb2 -> Belgium
             |      /     |     \         |		i2unix -> Italy
	   tuvie  ukc    prlb2   i2unix  cernvax	tuvie -> Austria
							hafro -> Iceland

Note that some backbone links (viz., seismo--munnari, utzoo--ALL,
hao--ALL, uw-beaver--ubc-vision, seismo--mcvax, seismo--gatech) do not
carry all newsgroups, usually meaning "talk" and some "rec" groups, but
sometimes also including "soc", "sci", "news", "misc", "comp" and "mod"
newsgroups.  The European component of Usenet receives a limited number
of groups from outside Europe, as well as having a number of active
"eunet" newsgroups, and exchanges all those articles via X.25 links.

To send mail to the administrators of all the backbone sites, address
your mail to "backbone@cbosgd.UUCP".  If you wish to send mail to the
administrator of a particular site, consult the uucp map for the name
and address of the appropriate individual(s).  (In Europe uucp map
entries are obtained through the national backbone's "netdir"
service).

Here is the backbone as of 1 March 1987 (dotted lines show
restricted links):

                                   (to rutgers)

   cbatt...............................clyde--------watmath..........utzoo
     :                                   | \                            |
     :  /----------------------------\   |  \-----------faline          |
     : /                              \  |                 | \          |
   ihnp4-----alberta----ubc-vision     cuae2               |  ulysses   |
                            :            :                 |            |
                         uw-beaver   (to gatech)           |            |
                            |                              |            |
                        tektronix-----------------------decvax---linus  |
                            |                            / |       |    |
                         cae780                         /  |       |    |
                            |                          /   |       |    |
   qantel----------------\  |                         /    |       |    |
     |                    \ |                        /     |       |    |
     |  kddlab............hplabs-----------------decwrl    |       |    |
     |    :                 :                      |       |       |    |
     |    :                 :                      |       |       |    |
     |    :                hao      sdcsvax------ucbvax    |       |    |
     |    :                 :                              |       |    |
     |    :  (see below)    :         (to cuae2)           |       |    |
     |    :                 :             :                |       |    |
     |    : /             nbires          :   /--akgua--\  |       |    |
     |    :/                |             :  /           \ |       |    |
     |  mcvax..........     |     .....gatech-----------mcnc---philabs  |
   |  ames               /  :  \                                        |
     |                      :
 (to clyde)               munnari