	Date: Fri, 10 Jul 87 18:00 EST
	From: "Don Borsay, RAYtheon Submarine Signal" <D2B@cdfq>
	Subject: This is a Batch-SMTP packet
	To: user@sads

	This packet it output of the BSMTP channel, from the MASTER side.
	The BSMTP_SLAVE can inport this on the remote node, entering it into the
	PMDF mail system.
	.
	QUIT

I get output from sendmail similar to the following:

	220 rayssd.RAY.COM Sendmail 4.12/1.3/2.2/3.19A ready at Sat, 11 Jul 87 23:56:27 edt
	250 rayssd.RAY.COM Hello cdfq.RAY.COM, pleased to meet you
	250 <D2B@cdfq>... Sender ok
	250 <user@sads>... Recipient ok
	354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
	250 Ok
	250 <user@sads>... Recipient ok
	503 Need MAIL command
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	500 Command unrecognized
	221 rayssd.RAY.COM closing connection

If anyone knows how to get sendmail to accept (and generate) a standard
SMTP packet, batch style, please send me mail.  Thanks in advance.

Don    |Raytheon Company, Submarine Signal Division, Portsmouth, RI
Borsay |ARPAnet: d2b%rayssd.RAY.COM@a.cs.uiuc.edu