[comp.mail.misc] Looking for screen-oriented front end to Berkeley mail

rsk@s.cc.purdue.edu (Rich Kulawiec) (10/28/87)

I'd like to find a front-end for Berkeley Mail that uses a screen-oriented
interface, perhaps one that splits the screen and keeps the 'message list'
on one part while displaying messages in another, or something similar.
I'm aware of vmail and elm and so on, but for various reasons too long
to go into here, I really could use something that essentially replicates
the functionality of Berkeley mail very closely while having a screen interface.

Thanks,
Rich Kulawiec, rsk@s.cc.purdue.edu, s.cc.purdue.edu!rsk

gertjan@nlcvx.UUCP (Gertjan Vinkesteyn) (10/30/87)

In article <1383@s.cc.purdue.edu>, rsk@s.cc.purdue.edu (Rich Kulawiec) writes:
> I'd like to find a front-end for Berkeley Mail that uses a screen-oriented
> interface, perhaps one that splits the screen and keeps the 'message list'

I think Emacs has such an interface.
--
UUCP and other network	  )\/(	in America: ..!seismo!mcvax!nlcvx!gertjan
  connections via mcvax	  )/\(	in Europe: ..!mcvax!nlcvx!gertjan