[comp.mail.misc] mail to anywhere

ed0l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric J. Dean) (11/07/87)

Could someone please give me any information on sending computer mail to any
or all of these colleges?

1)  Stanford
2)  Harvard
3)  Brown
4)  University of Virginia
5)  Mount Holyoke
6)  Northwestern
7)  Cornell
8)  Virginia Tech
9)  University of Chicago
10)  Notre Dame
11)  Bryn Mawr
12)  Wheaton
13)  James Madison University

Thanks.

evan@ndcheg.UUCP (Evan Bauman) (11/08/87)

In article <wVYY9iy00XcLY=U0=4@andrew.cmu.edu>, ed0l+@andrew.cmu.edu (Eric J. Dean) writes:

> Could someone please give me any information on sending computer mail to any
> or all of these colleges?
>
> 1)  Stanford
> 2)  Harvard
> 3)  Brown
> 4)  University of Virginia
> 5)  Mount Holyoke
> 6)  Northwestern
> 7)  Cornell
> 8)  Virginia Tech
> 9)  University of Chicago
> 10)  Notre Dame
> 11)  Bryn Mawr
> 12)  Wheaton
> 13)  James Madison University

There are several computers at ND that can be reached from several nets.
The university's IBM mainframe is BITNET site IRISHMVS.  There is another
IBM mainframe in the electrical engineering department is site IRISHVM.
Mail to these sites is in the form
   user@IRISHMVS.BITNET   or   user@IRISHVM.BITNET

There are a few UNIX machines on usenet.  The machines ndmath and ndcheg
or Suns located in the math and chemical engineering departments.  They
will feed the following other Sun computers:

	diane, jeffrey, louise, ndsun, callisto

Adresses take the form
	iuvax!{ndmath,ndcheg, diane, etc...}!user

Hope this helps.
	Evan Bauman
	Dep't of Chem. Eng.
	University of Notre Dame