[comp.mail.misc] Change for site "cadnetix" - UUCP is not a domain

nca-maps@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU (Northern California UUCP Map Coordinator) (11/17/87)

In the referenced article, gad@cadnetix.UUCP (Gordon Durand) writes:
	#N      cadnetix
	#S      Sun 3/50; 4.2 BSD UNIX
	#O      Cadnetix Corporation
	#C      Gordon Durand
	#E      cadnetix!usenet
	#T      +1 303 444 8075
	#P      5757 Central Avenue, Boulder, CO 80301
	#L      40 01 30 N / 105 14 30 W
	#R      gateway to Cadnetix Corp. LAN
	#U      ico
	#W      cadnetix!gad (Gordon Durand); Mon Nov 16 13:34:41 MST 1987
	#
	cadnetix        .cadnetix.uucp
	cadnetix=       cadnetix.uucp
	cadnetix        ico(DEMAND), sunpeaks(DEMAND+LOW), nbires(DEAD)

This map entry is almost exactly correct. There are just two lines
that are wrong:

	cadnetix        .cadnetix.uucp
	cadnetix=       cadnetix.uucp

The first one declares this site as part of the .UUCP domain. There
is no .UUCP domain, and there never will be. The second line is
redundant, since the presence of "cadnetix" in the UUCP map implies
it. These two lines will be removed by the Colorado UUCP Map
Coordinator before the map entry is published in comp.mail.maps if he
follows the guidelines that we've all been given.

People who're writing UUCP map entries now, please don't declare your
site as part of a .UUCP domain. It only makes more work for the map
coordinators (who then have to edit the map entry to make it right).

	Northern California UUCP Map Coordinator,

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucbarpa.berkeley.edu

gad@cadnetix.UUCP (Gordon Durand) (11/19/87)

In article <8711171926.AA05869@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU> nca-maps@UCBVAX.BERKELEY.EDU (Northern California UUCP Map Coordinator) writes:
>This map entry is almost exactly correct. There are just two lines
>that are wrong:
>
>	cadnetix        .cadnetix.uucp
>	cadnetix=       cadnetix.uucp

My apologies, I must have been suffering from a bout with brain-death
when I posted that entry.  Next time I'll get it right, really.
Excuse me while I go hang my head in massive shame...

--
    Gordon Durand	UUCP: cadnetix!gad
    Cadnetix Corp.	      hao!ico!cadnetix!gad