[comp.mail.misc] Osterreich...

bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel) (12/27/87)

Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
--
\  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
 \/   (602) 971-2240

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- Resident E-mail Hack) (12/28/87)

In article <380@xroads.UUCP> bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel) writes:
>Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
>Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?

err..

I understand that this is an international network and that many of the
people on the net live in Germany.  However, historically this net has
been dominated by English speakers ... therefore it would help if
people spoke in English.

Actually, it's a bit irritating that I can ALMOST read it.  Now,
if it were written in French I'd be able to read that message ...

Je parle francais comme une vache espagnole...
--
<---- David Herron -- The E-Mail guy            <david@ms.uky.edu>
<---- or:                {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET

dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) (12/29/87)

From article <380@xroads.UUCP>, by bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel):

> Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> --
> \  /  C r o s s r o a d s  C o m m u n i c a t i o n s
>  \/   (602) 971-2240
>  /\   (602) 992-5007 300|1200 Baud 24 hrs/day
> /  \  ihnp4!mot!nud!xroads!*

Ich wolte ihm anworten sein, aber habe ich viel deutsch vergessen.
Was meint "kraftig"?

Wiedersehen
--
Dave Rasmussen c/o Computing Services Division @ U of WI - Milwaukee
Internet: dave@csd1.milw.wisc.edu  Uucp: uwvax!uwmcsd1!dave    {o,o}

kimcm@ambush.UUCP (Kim Chr. Madsen) (12/29/87)

dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
>> Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
>> Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?

>Ich wolte ihm anworten sein, aber habe ich viel deutsch vergessen.
>Was meint "kraftig"?

By "kraftig" means powerful - and the question was: What computer is
the most powerful in Austria?"

See everytime an article shows up written in a non-english language a
lot of people read it and learn a few words in foreign languages - who
can say that the net isn't an educational tool ;-)

					Godt Nyt}r (= Happy New Year)
					Kim Chr. Madsen.

fmr@cwi.nl (Frank Rahmani) (01/02/88)

In article <573@ambush.UUCP>, kimcm@ambush.UUCP (Kim Chr. Madsen) writes:
> dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
> >> Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> >> Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> >Was meint "kraftig"?
>
> By "kraftig" means powerful - and the question was: What computer is
> the most powerful in Austria?"
>

> See everytime an article shows up written in a non-english language a
> lot of people read it and learn a few words in foreign languages - who
> can say that the net isn't an educational tool ;-)
>
> 					Godt Nyt}r (= Happy New Year)
> 					Kim Chr. Madsen.

You must be into clairvoyance to be able to get this meaning out of what was
posted. The main problem is we don't see all those wonderful accents that
make European languages tick. If I try to transcribe the two little dots
called dierhesis by the letter 'e' following the accentuated letter (as is
normal practice in Europe if you have a dumb terminal the correct question is:
Welches ist der kraeftigste Computer in Oesterreich?
The answer:the Mupid, a development by the university of Vienna. As far as I
know its also the only austrian computers sold in numbers.  There's not much
information about it except that its strong in telecommunication and videotext.
For the rest Austria uses the same computers as Germany (and the rest of the
world for that matter).
Best wishes for '88 to everybody!
fmr@cwi.nl

--
It is better never to have been born. But who among us has such luck?

kyle@meow.UUCP (kyle) (01/02/88)

In article <380@xroads.UUCP>, bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel) writes:

> Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?

Lessee... It looks like you need to brush up on your German a bit.
Shouldn't that be "Computer" instead of "computehr"?  After all, it IS a
noun, and it DID come from english "computer"  (check Duden's).  Secondly,
if you leave out "mehr" and change "kraftig" to "kraftiger" the question
would start to have a little gramatical structure but would still would not
make any sense.  My guess is that you are trying to ask something like:

"Ist das Osterreich der kraftiger Computer des Deutschlands?"

or maybe "Welche Computer in Osterreich ist der kraftiger?"

Again, these are only guesses.  Anyhow, shouldn't this be hashed out in one
of the language groups instead of here?

-------
DISCLAIMER:  I always did have a problem with articles in German  (no,
silly! not NEWS articles!)  so I may have gotten the wrong ending on an
adjective or two.
--
		Kyle Rhorer
		meow!kyle@nuchat.UUCP

bill@trotter.usma.edu (Bill Gunshannon) (01/04/88)

In article <4007@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
> From article <380@xroads.UUCP>, by bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel):
> >
> > Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> > Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> > --
>
> Ich wolte ihm anworten sein, aber habe ich viel deutsch vergessen.
> Was meint "kraftig"?
>
> --

Ich auch, aber ich hab immer meine worterbuch.

kraftig -- maechtig -- wirksam

Oder auf Englisch -- powerful.

Wiedersehen.

bill gunshannon

UUCP: {philabs}\		 	US SNAIL: Martin Marietta Data Systems
      {phri   } >!trotter.usma.edu!bill           USMA, Bldg 600, Room 26
      {sunybcs}/			          West Point, NY  10996
RADIO:         KB3YV		        PHONE: WORK    (914)446-7747
AX.25:         KB3YV @ K3RLI	        PHONE: HOME    (914)565-5256

schro@nixpbe (01/08/88)

> /***** nixpbe:comp.mail.misc / trotter!bill /  2:26 pm  Jan  4, 1988*/
> In article <4007@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, dave@uwmcsd1.UUCP (Dave Rasmussen) writes:
> > From article <380@xroads.UUCP>, by bethel@xroads.UUCP (Ben Bethel):
> > >
> > > Was was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> > > Was ist der mehr kraftig computehr ein Osterreich?
> > > --
> > Ich wolte ihm anworten sein, aber habe ich viel deutsch vergessen.
> > Was meint "kraftig"?
> > --
> Ich auch, aber ich hab immer meine worterbuch.
> kraftig -- maechtig -- wirksam
> Oder auf Englisch -- powerful.

--> Was ist der leistungsfaehigste Computer in Oesterreich ?

Wilhelm Schroeder
UUCP:   {seismo,mcvax}!unido!nixpbe!schroeder.pad
Phone:  nat-5251-14-6694
Paper-: Nixdorf Computer AG
mail  : Entwicklungstechnik
	Pontanusstr. 55