[comp.mail.misc] Access to the TELENET network

towfigh@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Mark Towfigh) (03/03/88)

Does anyone know of the way one can mail someone on the Telenet network?
I've heard it can be done, but never known how, and now I need to mail
someone there.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Mark Towfigh       If there's one thing I like better than a bologna
                   and whipped cream sandwich, it's honey and ketchup.
UUCP:	towfigh@phoenix.princeton.edu		BITNET:  TOWFIGH@PUCC

blarson@skat.usc.edu (Bob Larson) (03/04/88)

In article <1932@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> towfigh@phoenix (Mark Towfigh) writes:
>Does anyone know of the way one can mail someone on the Telenet network?

Telenet is an x.25 network, used for terminal connectections and whatever
else the customers want to pay for.  There is no standard mail service.
You can send me mail at r.larson%ais8@ecla.usc.edu if you want to reach
my account on a system with telenet access :-)
--
Bob Larson	Arpa: Blarson@Ecla.Usc.Edu	blarson@skat.usc.edu
Uucp: {sdcrdcf,cit-vax}!oberon!skat!blarson

wisner@eddie.MIT.EDU (Bill Wisner) (03/06/88)

(blarson@skat.usc.edu, Bob Larson)
>Telenet is an x.25 network, used for terminal connectections and whatever
>else the customers want to pay for.  There is no standard mail service.

Telenet provides a "telemail" service, which is probably what the
original inquiry was about.

..b