Is is possible to send mail from milnet (ian@inmet.inmet.com)
to attmail (attmail!mkandall)?
Thanks in advance!

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (964[jak]-Robert Halloran) (03/21/88)

In article <129500001@inmet> ian@inmet.UUCP writes:
>Is is possible to send mail from milnet (ian@inmet.inmet.com)
>to attmail (attmail!mkandall)?
>Thanks in advance!

It is certainly POSSIBLE; the problem is that ATTMail is a for-fee
service, and the machine actually connecting to 'attmail' has to
pay for the message it sends, even if it didn't originate 'locally'.
This is the same reason I doubt we'll see any bridges between Usenet
and services like MCI Mail, CompUServe, or other for-fee E-mail systems.
Any machine with UUCP can connect to ATTMail directly(hint), but I
don't think you'll find many willing to absorb the cost of forwarding
traffic for you.

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: {ATT-ACC, rutgers}!mtune!rkh		DDD: (201)251-7514
Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM			       evenings ET
USPS: 19 Culver Ct, Old Bridge NJ 08857
Disclaimer: These opinions are solely MINE; any correlation with AT&T
	policies or positions is coincidental and unintentional.
Quote: "There were incidents & accidents, there were hints & allegations"
		-- Paul Simon