[comp.mail.misc] natmlab.oz.au map entry damaged

root@libove.UUCP (The Super User) (03/25/88)

The map file for "u.aus.nsw.1" contains a damaged entry for site
natmlab.oz.au. The second "#U" line is chopped at the end, causing
pathalias to report an error.

While we're at it, u.usa.mi.1 contains damage in the entry for
fmsrl7. One line in its "connections" field is missing some characters
as: "swlabs(EVENING+  node(DIRECT)". This also causes pathalias to error.

Jay Libove (Jay.Libove@andrew.cmu.edu  or  pitt!darth!libove!libove)

kre@munnari.oz (Robert Elz) (03/29/88)

In article <15@libove.UUCP>, root@libove.UUCP (The Super User) writes:
> The map file for "u.aus.nsw.1" contains a damaged entry for site
> natmlab.oz.au.

Its not damaged here, where it originated.  (That is, before it
originated again at Rutgers).  I would guess that its been through a
news system (bitnet) that wraps lines at 80 characters.

We are taking steps (that is, the place where the Australian maps
originate, before they originate here, before... is taking steps)
to make sure that no lines longer than 80 chars escape to parts
of the world that might have to suffer bitnet's lossages.

kre