[comp.mail.misc] On-line E-Mail Registry

msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) (04/13/88)

Be forewarned, you can only do searches from the (203) number, not
from the 800 number.  The 800 number is only for initial registry.
Thus, you have to tack long distance (for most of us) to Connecticut
onto the $0.20 per search charge.  Also, I have had trouble connecting
with the (203) number in any parity/bits setup they give.
Mark
--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604, CN 5063        that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

marv@grebyn.COM (Marvin Raab) (04/14/88)

In article <Apr.13.12.20.53.1988.28913@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
>Be forewarned, you can only do searches from the (203) number, not
>from the 800 number.  The 800 number is only for initial registry.

    I registered about 6 months ago with my previous address. I really
need to change it...anyway, does anyone know how many addresses it
actually contains? How fast is it growing?

                        -marvin

--
Marvin Raab                  Arlington, VA 22202                (703) 521-5449
...uunet!vsedev!grebyn!marv                 +--------------------------------+

friedl@vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) (04/14/88)

In article <Apr.13.12.20.53.1988.28913@topaz.rutgers.edu>, msmith@topaz.rutgers.edu (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
< Be forewarned, you can only do searches from the (203) number, not
< from the 800 number.  The 800 number is only for initial registry.
< Thus, you have to tack long distance (for most of us) to Connecticut
< onto the $0.20 per search charge.  Also, I have had trouble connecting
< with the (203) number in any parity/bits setup they give.

Yea, and I got a VMS symbolic stack backtrace (and got logged
off) when adding an address, some kind of resource locking fault.
Great fun, this computer database stuff...

--
Steve Friedl   V-Systems, Inc.   "Yes, I'm jeff@unh's brother"
friedl@vsi.com  {backbones}!vsi.com!friedl  attmail!vsi!friedl