[comp.mail.misc] Help with contacting a friend at Cornell Univ.

espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) (09/08/88)

	I have a friend who is has just transferred to the Architecture
Dept. at Cornell Unversity. Can anyone (hopefully at Cornell) help me
with how I can get mail from where I am to Cornell University?
	Also, if you know of which systems on the campus have access to
USENET, I would be interested in knowing.

	THANKS!

	P.S. Can you tell me what my mail address is by looking at the
path of this message?

sandell@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gregory Sandell) (09/12/88)

In article <7049@well.UUCP> espen@well.UUCP (Peter Espen) writes:

>	I have a friend who is has just transferred to the Architecture
>Dept. at Cornell Unversity. Can anyone (hopefully at Cornell) help me
>with how I can get mail from where I am to Cornell University?
>	Also, if you know of which systems on the campus have access to
>USENET, I would be interested in knowing.
>
>	THANKS!
>

>	P.S. Can you tell me what my mail address is by looking at the
>path of this message?

The machine I am writing from (tcgould.tn.cornell.edu) has connectivity
to USENET.  Starting in October so will a machine called
vax5.ccs.cornell.edu.

I'm afraid that tcgould (also known as "batcomputer") has poor
connections to the UUCP world...most mail out usually fails.
I think there is a "cornell.UUCP" somewhere, though.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Ithi