[comp.mail.misc] Non-wayward mail

vnend@engr.uky.edu (D. V. W. James) (09/22/88)

	Hello everyone.  I've got something here for those of you
who have been complaining about the mailers on the various
machines, especially at Rutgers.  As you can see from the header
above, I'm posting from University of Kentucky's engineering machine.
My address is vnend@engr.uky.edu.  Below you will find the header to
a message that appeared in my mailbox a couple of weeks ago.  Now,
both ukma (our news feed) and rutgers are backbone machines, and
we even have a news feed.  But when mail sent to vnend@rutgers.edu
makes it here I start worrying that the machines have come alive!  :-)

Later,  Vnend

[For your amazement and edification...]

Date: Wed 7 Sep 1988 09:48:49 PDT
From: Laurie Cavanaugh <laurie@quintus.com>
To: vnend@rutgers.edu
Subject: Reply to: More about the War

--
Later y'all,                 {vnend@engr, cn0001dj@ukcc, mc.david@ukpr}.uky.edu;
Vnend: Ignorance is the Mother of Adventure.    {any vertibrae}!ukma!ukecc!vnend

lmb@vsi1.UUCP (Larry Blair) (09/22/88)

In article <2673@ukecc.engr.uky.edu> vnend@engr.uky.edu (D. V. W. James) writes:
> [[stuff concerning strangely addressed mail that made it to him.  Hit
> <cntrl>-p if you want to see it]]

I would be willing to bet that, when mailed, the To_ line was right and a
correct bang path appeared in the rmail command.  Someone(s) along the line,
probably Sun, clobbered the To_ line, but the rmails kept it going in the
right direction.  It would of passed through here, but my local delivery
agent probably would have choked if the final stop were here.
--
Larry Blair   ames!vsi1!lmb   lmb%vsi1@ames.arc.nasa.gov